Steamboat Resort Closure Announcement
Pioneer Ridge COVID-19 Updates
Thursday, April 2 Update:
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. officially announced today it will not reopen for the remaining two weeks of the 2019-20 ski season.
Wednesday, March 25 Update:
Gov. Jared Polis on Wednesday ordered the majority of Colorado's 5.8 million residents to stay home in the state government's most forceful attempt yet to counter the spread of the novel coronavirus.
I direct all Coloradans to stay at home, subject to limited exceptions such as obtaining food and other household necessities, going to and from work at critical businesses, seeking medical care, caring for dependents or pets, or caring for a vulnerable person in another location.
Tuesday, March 24 Update:
Routt County Commissioners Issue Executive Orders to Reduce COVID-19 Community Spread and Save Lives in the Community. The first Order prohibits new visitors in hotels, motels and short-term rentals and the second Order limits gatherings to no larger than five people at a time. Both Orders are in effect on March 24 and go through April 24, 2020 unless rescinded or extended.
All lodging including hotels, motels, short-term rentals, such as VRBO’s, Airbnb’s, and campgrounds may not accept any new reservations or visitors with limited exceptions. There shall be no new bookings or reservations for the time period in which this Order is in effect. Reservations beginning on or after 8:00 a.m. on March 27, 2020 shall be cancelled.
5:00pm, Tuesday, March 17 Update:
We are encouraging all in-house guests to please depart as soon as possible. As we see hotels and resorts in other areas closing operations on short notice, we ask you to please proactively and safely return home.
We are also in the process of contacting guests who are scheduled to arrive for the remaining weeks of March and April, and urging them to please not come to Steamboat.
We will be significantly reducing services over the next few days to protect our Employees, Guests, and Homeowners.
- Company-wide shuttle services will cease operations this Friday, March 20th at 8:00 pm until further notice.
- Front Desk operations will be open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm starting tomorrow, March 18, except for the main Resort Group front desk, which will remain open from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm through Friday March 20th. Beginning on Saturday, March 21, all front desk hours will be 8:00am until 5:00pm.
- Please limit in-person visits at our front desk to not put our employees, owners, and other visitors at further risk. Feel free to call or text 970-879-3700 regarding questions and check-out procedures. You can also send emails to FrontDesk@ResortGroup.com.
- Housekeeping services will be available following a 72 hour delay from the previous guest departure in order to safeguard our staff. Property common areas will be disinfected on a regular basis following CDC guidelines.
- Maintenance services requests will be prioritized based upon the severity of the situation and the safety of our staff members.
- Most pools, hot tubs, gyms and saunas are closed at this time. We will continue to evaluate this and keep you informed as circumstances change.
We will continue to provide services to our HOA partners with no operational changes as of this message. We have verified our cleaning products and techniques are sufficiently rated to eliminate virus contamination to the degree recommended by global and federal standards. We have elevated awareness and training for our staff members across all areas of our operation.
Obviously, things have been changing rapidly. As the situation continues to evolve, we will communicate updates as best we can. The safety of our Employees, Guests, and Homeowners is our paramount concern at this time.
Several communities across the nation have already mandated a full suspension of all hotel and lodging operations, including other mountain communities in Colorado. We are not closing our operations at this time, however, we are preparing for this potential. We are no longer accepting new reservations in the near term, and our rental operations and guest services will essentially be reduced near-closure by Friday, March 20, unless circumstances beyond our control dictate that this happen sooner.
7:30pm, Saturday, March 14:
Pioneer Ridge is in the process of reaching out to our guests due to arrive in Steamboat in priority order. If you have questions or concerns about your current or future lodging reservation, please contact our reservation staff at email@example.com.
We anticipate heavy call and email volume over the next several days and appreciate your patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries during business hours (8am - 6pm Monday through Friday, 9am - 5pm Saturday & Sunday).